I have made this chilli several times now & i am finally ready to share the recipe with you all. This chilli is made completely from scratch with fresh ingredients & spices. I always find it best to keep a variety of spices in my cupboard as they come in so handy for incorporating into so many recipes.
You will need..
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500g minced beef
- 1/2 can tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 courgette
- 1 carrot
- 8 mushrooms
- chilli powder 1/4 tsp
- smoked paprika 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin 1/2 tsp
- coriander 1 tsp
- oregano 1 tsp
- tamari/soy sauce (GF) 1 tbsp
- 1 can kidney beans
- Place a tsp olive oil in a frying pan.
- Chop the onion and place in the pan.
- Crush the garlic and add to the onion, fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add the beef.
- Mix with spatula and fry until mince has browned.
- Chop the courgette, carrot and mushrooms and add to the mince.
- Fry for an extra 5 minutes until courgettes & mushrooms start to brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and tamari.
- Stir, then add the kidney beans.
- Add the chilli powder, paprika, cumin, coriander, oregano.
- Simmer for 10-15 mins.
& your ready to serve.
This recipe is perfect with guacamole and rice, maybe some cheeky tortillas too!!