I thought I would post my recipe for my cinnamon & nutmeg bananas since its a recipe I make pretty frequently for breakfast. It gives you a little sweet fix in the morning without being loaded with additional sugar like some breakfast of the supermarket cereals can provide. I’m all about making food from fresh & love to incorporate spices when I can, so this breakfast idea is no different. I serve mine with natural yogurt (try and avoid the flavoured yogurts as they are usually full of additional sugar & flavourings), blueberries or pomegranate, nut butter & occasionally my homemade granola if I’ve made a big batch beforehand.
You will need:
- tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- frozen pomegranate OR blueberries
- tsp nut butter of your choice (e.g. peanut, cashew, almond)
- half cup homemade granola (optional) (see chocolate & date granola recipe)
- Chop the banana into equal pieces.
- Add a tsp coconut oil into a frying pan and heat on medium heat for approx 1 min.
- Add the banana to the pan.
- Add the spices and maple syrup and stir.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until golden and brown on each side, stirring frequently.
- Place the yogurt, fruit, nut butter and granola in a bowl (the bananas are equally as delicious with just natural yogurt & fruit if you don’t want the added extras)
& your done.
As always if you re-create let me know, enjoy!!