Hi again everyone,
I have had a busy day filled with studying so in order to give my brain a bit of a break I have been recipe making which I swear is my all time favourite thing to do. I’m actually developing a bit of an obsession with making food! This recipe did not disappoint, I’ve made it a few times now to try and perfect & it’s just so creamy and delicious. It is also seriously filling & quite rich, so you won’t need too much of it. The weather may have also influenced my need for food but this pasta has taken me right from lunch at midday to dinner, which is very unlike me as I’m normally have to have at least one mid day snack. It was just so filling! I’ve also placed my leftovers in my tupperware ready for lunch tomorrow.
The ingredients are made from fresh & provide so much goodness with healthy fats from the avocado, cashew butter, tahini & a good source of vitamin C from the tomatoes, Vitamin D from the mushrooms & folate from the leafy green spinach. The perfect balanced diet!
You will need:
- Handful spinach
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules/2 garlic cloves
- tsp chives
- pinch salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup brown rice pasta (or normal pasta if don’t require gluten free)
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tbsp cashew nut butter
- 1 small handful fresh coriander
- 1 tsp tamari/soy sauce ( gluten free if required)
- 3 large mushrooms
- 10 fresh vine tomatoes
- Measure 2 cups of brown rice penne pasta and place into a pan with 4 cups of boiling water.
- Heat on medium heat.
- Chop the mushrooms into slices and place on a baking tray with the fresh vine tomatoes. Pour approx a tsp olive oil over and place in oven.
- In a food processor mix the spinach, avocado, garlic, chives, coriander salt and olive oil. pulse until mixed.
- Then add the tahini, cashew nut butter and tamari and pulse until creamy mixture forms. Make sure the ingredients are mixed throughly.
- After approx 15 minutes, remove the pasta and drain in colander.
- Place the pasta back in the pan, add the pesto sauce and stir.
- You can also heat for a few extra minutes on the hob with the sauce and pasta combined.
- Remove the mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Serve all together on a dish of your choice.
Hope you love it as much as I do