I’m so excited to share this recipe with you all. It’s so satisfying & delicious but at the same time it doesn’t give you that horrid full & sluggish feeling after a big meal. I thought of the idea yesterday after it being a super hot day ( considering it’s the UK) & all i was craving was fresh fruit & lighter foods.
The combination of all the foods works really well & you can incorporate the recipe into your schedule as you wish. It would be perfect at a weekend if you have a little extra time & equally it would be ideal for a meal prep idea to maybe take for lunch at work. The ingredients provide you with such a range of vitamins, minerals & protein, including protein sources from both the quinoa and the chicken.
You will need:
- Handful washed fresh spinach
- 1/2 fresh mango
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- ready to eat chicken chunks ( I used flame grilled) approximately 4 medium sized chunks will do.
- 1/2 handful walnuts
- 1/2 handful of pumpkin seeds
- Rinse the quinoa and add to a medium pan. Boil some water in a kettle and add 1/2 cup of the water to the quinoa. Heat on medium heat.
- Add the freshly washed spinach to a plate or bowl of your choosing.
- Cut the fresh mango into medium sized square chunks, removing the skin.
- Add the the spinach.
- Then cut the avocado into small chunks, again removing the skin (be careful with your hands with this one, cut on a chopping board)
- Add the avocado chunks to the spinach.
- Break the walnuts into smaller pieces with your hands and sprinkle over the salad.
- Then cut the chicken into smaller pieces and add to the salad.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked and mixed with the water (approx 10. mins) add to the salad and sprinkle over. (You may not want to use all the quinoa, you can always save for another dish preparation later on)
- Add the pumpkin seeds and you are good to go.
Hope you enjoy it. If you end up recreating send me a picture on Instagram