I hope you are having a very lovely Sunday so far & enjoying this beautiful weather. I have had such a nice weekend filled with food & time with friends. I wanted to share this gorgeous egg recipe that I made the other day. I had the idea that if you can add courgette to oats & it turn out delicious, I’m sure adding courgette to eggs would turn out just as good. So thats exactly what I did & it did not disappoint. Courgette provides extra fibre, calcium, B vitamins and folate to name a few. It’s a great way of providing extra vitamins and minerals to your diet in an affordable & delicious way.
You will need:
- tsp olive oil
- One courgette
- Three eggs
- Splash of almond milk
- Tbsp hummus (optional)
- One red pepper (optional)
- Salad greens (optional)
- Walnuts (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat for approx. 1 minute.
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Wash & dry the courgette & chop of one of the ends with a sharp knife.
- With a grater grate as much courgette as you would like into your eggs.
- Mix with a fork. Add a splash of almond milk (approx. 1 tbsp)
- Add the egg & courgette mixture to the pan on medium heat and stir consistently with a spatula.
- Continue stirring until the eggs are cooked through.
I served mine with a side of sliced red pepper, hummus and walnut & salad leaves. The choice is completely yours, you could even add toast and butter if you wish.
& your done. A proper hearty nutritious breakfast to fuel your day.
Let me know if you re-create