I’m so excited to share this recipe with you all!! I had this idea the other morning & i can’t believe how well it turned out. This porridge is seriously unreal. It tastes way to good to be healthy. I promise even if you are not a fan of avocado, you are still likely to enjoy this porridge (as long as you like porridge of course). The banana & avocado mixture gives it such a gorgeous texture. I always top mine with mixed seeds including pumpkin, sesame and sunflower but you can top it with anything you fancy.
For one serving:
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of oats (gf if needed)
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tbsp scoop of a ripe avocado
- 1/2 banana
- additional 1/4 cup almond milk
- Heat your 1/2 cup of oats and 3/4 cup of almond milk in a pan on medium heat for 1-2 mins, stir occasionally.
- In the mean time, mix the banana, additional almond milk and avocado in a blender until smooth.
- Add the banana and avocado mix and stir frequently for approx 4-5 minutes.
& that’s it, the perfect simple breakfast idea.
Top tip: you can also add some grated courgette to the oats at the beginning to make zoats for extra nutritional benefit!