I have SO many recipe creations to share for you all.
I made this gorgeous tomato chicken last night and I just needed to share this with you. I used a combination of spices which worked so well together. This would make a perfect post workout dinner with a high source of protein and brown rice pasta for complex carbs. This could also be served with spiralized courgette for a lower carb option.
You will need:
- half an onion
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules or 2 fresh cloves
- teaspoon smoked paprika
- three cloves star anise
- ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander 1 teaspoon
- 3/4 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pitted chopped olives
- two cups brown rice pasta (or normal pasta)
For the pasta:
- Add two cups of brown rice pasta with boiling water to cover the pasta.
- Add olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Heat on medium heat.
For the chicken:
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil on medium heat in a frying pan for approx 1-2 minutes.
- Chop half an onion and place into the frying pan.
- Chop up the chicken into medium strips and fry until cooked through and slightly browned.
- Add the garlic granules and paprika to the chicken stir and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and star anise.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the cumin and coriander.
- Simmer for approx 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the star anise from the tomato sauce.
- Drain the pasta in a sieve.
- Add the chicken and tomato sauce to the top of the pasta.
- Add the chopped olives to the recipe and stir through.
& your finished.
p.s this also tastes amazing cooled for dinner the next day! Just keep it in the fridge overnight